Welcome to Swallow class page!
This is where you will find photos of what we have been doing throughout the day. It is a chance to see what we have been learning! We hope that you love seeing everything that we get up to! Please keep checking for any updates too.
- P.E will be on a Monday and Thursday afternoons, but please make sure that the children keep their P.E kits in school all week just in case we get time to do anymore.
- Year 3 children will be swimming every Thursday from the 9th September for 9 weeks. (Please note that we return to school at 3.30 so may be a few minutes late out onto the playground.)
- Spellings will be given out every Friday and then tested the following Friday.
- Please use reading diaries to pass on any messages to Mrs Fisher but for urgent messages please contact the school office. I will check diaries on a Monday.
- Children are expected to read 5 times a week at home, practise their spellings and practise their times tables. Times tables can be practise by using TTRockstars – children’s logins are stuck in the back of the reading diaries.
What we are going to be learning this half term...
Autumn 1 2021
We will be learning about the Egyptians through our main subjects this half term - Religious Education (R.E) and History. We will also learn through Art and Geography (our enhancement subjects).
Today in dance, we used the Egyptian dance moves alongside Egyptian poses to create a sequence of moves.
Thursday 9th September 2021-PE
In PE over the next few weeks we are going to create an Egyptian dance. We began our lesson warming up to ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ using Just Dance. Then, we thought carefully about how to create different shapes with our bodies. We used Egyptian art to plan and present a freeze frame from Egyptian art. We worked really well in our groups. From all our work, we chose our first three moves for our own dance. We had lots of fun!